Motorhome Special Offers for 2023
2023 Motorhome Rental offers –
BOOK BY October 31 2022 – receive 10% early booking discount or choose 1 special from the 4 below –
(1) – Unlimited Kilometer Special – receive 50% discount from the regular price
(2) – Kilometer Package Special – buy 2 800KM packages and receive another 2 free
(3) – Free Kits – receive convenience kits, 1 additional driver and USA Travel all complimentary
(4) – One WaySpecial – receive 50% discount. Pick up at any one of CanaDream’s locations (Vancouver, Calgary, Whitehorse, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax) and drop off at a different CanaDream location. A 14 night minimum rental period is required.
(Valid for pick ups from April 3 to November 5 2023)
Check availability and pricing via the Canadream Booking Page
Corona Virus - what steps have Canadream put in place to ensure safety for customers?
Since the start of COVID, Canadream introduced many new processes to minimise touch points with vehicle servicing, cleaning and RV preparation through to the RV handover to each Guest:
- All RV’s are prepped and cleaned by staff wearing masks and gloves
- Commercial grade cleaning materials are used to combat germs and, once cleaned, the RV’s will sit in quarantine for a period of time before guests arrive
- All CanaDream staff are working within socially distanced guidelines
- Guests check in online to reduce the check in time with staff
- Glass screens have been fitted in all stations along with 2-meter guidance floor stickers
- Check in times are controlled to minimise the number of guests inside the stations at any one time. There is a process to allow families into their RVs as quickly as possible
- RV pickup process is adapted to a self-guided tour, with video rather than a person-to-person demo. Guests can also watch all demo videos on the Canadream website prior to RV collection.
- Drop-off process has been refined to assist the safe drop off and handling of the returning RV in line with new procedures.
What is the Minimum Rental Age?
You must be at least 21 years old to rent a motorhome and hold a valid driver’s licence. This licence must be valid until at least one day after you drop off your vehicle.
Can I travel into the USA with my rental vehicle?
Yes. Unless US travel has been included in your rental at no cost, you will be charged C$10.00 for each night you spend in the USA. Please also note that U.S. Customs will not allow fresh meat, fruits, vegetables, and other groceries across the border. If you are planning on crossing into the USA we suggest you shop for your groceries once you are in the United States.
Can I Leave my Suitcase at the Rental Station?
Yes. As long as you are picking up and dropping off at the same location, you can unpack your suitcase in your motorhome and leave the suitcase in storage at the rental location. There is no charge for this service.
How many people can travel in each motorhome?
This depends on the vehicle type. Canadian transport regulations state that each person travelling must be wearing a seatbelt. The number of people able to travel in each motorhome is dependent upon the number of seatbelts provided.
Are there radios and CD players in each vehicle?
There is a dash radio/cd player in every motorhome. We suggest that you bring an FM adaptor if you wish to play your portable mp3 player in the vehicle.
Can you rent child seats?
Yes. We can rent our guests baby seats, child seats and booster seats. During peak season these may be in short supply so we suggest you book these prior to your arrival or bring your own with you. We don’t rent portable cribs, strollers or playpens.
What does the Preparation Fee include?
This fee includes transfers to and from the airport & airport area hotels, and vehicle preparation. This is usually included in your rental price and should be mentioned on the quote/invoice. Owasco do not include the transfers.
What is a Convenience Kit?
This includes bedding, linen, cooking wares, dishes and cutlery and is per person. This is usually included in your rental price and should be mentioned on the quote/invoice.
Are bike rentals available?
We are able to refer you to mountain bike rental stores in Vancouver and Calgary only. Sorry, this option is not available for one-way rentals. The approximate cost per bike is $100/week.
How many drivers are included in the rental?
One driver is included in the rental. Canadream charge $ 5 per night for the entire rental period per additional driver. There is no coverage should an unauthorized driver be involved in an accident.
When can we pick-up the vehicle?
The pick-up time of our vehicles is between 1.00 pm and 4.00 pm from Monday to Saturday. Please call the station on the morning of your pick-up to schedule your pick-up appointment. Before you pick up your vehicle, we need to ensure it has been cleaned thoroughly and checked mechanically. Arriving at a station without a prior appointment may result in delays, so please try to phone ahead so we can ensure things go as smoothly as possible.
How long will a pick-up process take?
From the time you arrive until you leave the station, it may take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Please count on approximately ½ hour for the paper work. The personalized vehicle instruction may take anywhere between ½ to 1 hour. Allocating this amount of time ensures that all your questions can be clearly answered, and that you are fully aware of how to operate your vehicle before you leave on your trip.
We would like to pick-up or drop-off on a Sunday. Is this possible?
Yes. From May 1 to September 30, CanaDream is open on Sundays and our normal pick-up and drop-off times apply. From October 1 to April 30, we are open on Sundays on request only and a fee of $375.00 per occurrence may apply.
What are the fees for the campsites?
Fees range from $10 to $30 per night.
What is the extra kilometre cost if I go over?
The cost per extra kilometre is 37 cents.
Do you rent GPS Navigation Systems?
Yes. GPS navigation systems are availabile as a rental option with all our vehicle types.
What happens if I have a breakdown while renting the motorhome?
Provides you with 24 hour toll-free emergency assistance in the event of a breakdown or accident. One of our technicians will be available to provide you with advice and help.
What is the security deposit at pick-up?
A refundable $750 ($1,500 for a driver between 21 to 24 years) security deposit will be processed on a credit card at the time of pick-up. This deposit MUST be made by credit card and will be refunded to the same card at drop off as long as the vehicle is returned in a clean and undamaged condition with all equipment and/or convenience kits returned. In addition, an open credit card imprint is taken with all rentals and it will be destroyed at the time of drop-off.
What Insurance is included?
It is important to be fully covered when hiring a motorhome as any damage can be quite expensive to repair.
All CanaDream vehicles are insured with $5-million public liability and property damage. A deposit of $750.00 to $1500.00 is required on a major credit card for the collision and comprehensive Insurance deductibles as outlined below. The deposit is refundable upon the return of the vehicle in the same condition as it was received and not involved in any incident claims. Any guest that is involved in an incident will have their deposit held (to the maximum charge listed below) for a minimum of 60 days until the incident claim is closed. Claims that are less than the deposit amount will have the difference refunded to the Guest upon closing of the incident claim. The guest is responsible for the maximum charge detailed below where expenses include, but are not limited to: towing, storage fees, damage to CanaDream Inc. vehicle, damage to third party property, injury claims, insurance adjuster fees, legal fees. In addition, a $100 administration fee will apply to every accident. Our insurance does not cover liability for loss of personal property, nor does it cover costs for accommodation, transportation or replacement of vehicle if the vehicle is stolen or should an incident occur that makes the rented vehicle inoperable. In these situations and, depending on availability, a new, signed, rental agreement must be in place before a replacement vehicle is provided. Incidents must be reported within 24 hours and be accompanied by a written accident report and police report or file number.
The guest is responsible for the following maximum charges per accident:
- Two-vehicle accident on a signed and numbered road, fire, theft or vandalism (with police and accident report): $750.00 ($1,500.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Windshield / glass: $500.00
- Off Road (e.g. campsites, parking lots, driveways. gas stations etc.: $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Single Vehicle Incident (Any damage caused by contact with any stationary object (eg: parked vehicle, walls, trees, bridges, etc) anywhere (0n or off-road, private or public property): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Vehicle Damage – cause unknown (including hit and run by unknown third party): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Acts of Nature (Natural disasters including, but not limited to, hail, floods, lightning): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Interior damage (not caused by two-vehicle accident on a numbered road): $750.00 ($1,250.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Collision with animals: $750.00 ($1,250.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Tire damage (does not include tow charges): $1,000 per tire for all drivers
- Undercarriage damage (not caused by two vehicle accident on a numbered road): All costs
- No written accident report & police file number (or station notification within 24 hours of accident): All costs
- Committing Hit and Run: All costs
- Incidents while driving in unauthorized areas or in the USA without prior authorization: All costs
- Incidents caused while the vehicle is driven by an impaired or unauthorized driver: All costs
- Damages incurred during an illegal act(s) and/or wilful damage: All costs
Unauthorized Areas include northern surcharge areas, the USA, and any restricted geographic areas which CanaDream Inc. may determine at any time. Without prior permission to drive the vehicle in these areas, there is no insurance coverage; the guest is responsible for all damages, related expenses and costs; the guest is subject to a $900 penalty.
CanaDream reserves the right to restrict access to specific geographic areas at any time. These restrictions may be applied at the time of pick up. The guest assumes all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while travelling in restricted geographic areas.
Northern Surcharge Areas
A northern surcharge of $500 will apply for rentals starting at any station other than Whitehorse and travelling to the following areas:
Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John Quebec and Labrador north and east of Sept-lles Yukon
Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, BC Baie James Road, QC Nunavut
Highway 35 north of Peace River, AB Northwest Territories Newfoundland
Permission to travel to northern surcharge areas must be expressly requested and confirmed at the time of reservation.
Prohibited Travel Areas
TRAVEL IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIMES:
Logging and non-public roads The Dalton Highway (north of Livengood)
Mexico North Canol Highway in the Yukon
Denali Highway in Alaska Death Valley between May 1 – September 30
Any and all un-numbered roads and highways
Parking of your vehicle is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal and Ottawa. This includes all pay parking lots, hotel parking lots, side streets, malls, etc. To travel into these areas, park your vehicle at a campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc. In the event of a theft that occurs in the Montreal or Ottawa metropolitan area, the Guest is responsible for $7,500.
Will I be charged if I drop my rental vehicle off late?
A late drop-off charge of $75.00 per hour will be charged if the vehicle is not returned on or before the drop-off time stated in your rental agreement. The maximum charge for late drop-off will not exceed $600.00 for each 24 hour period.
May I smoke in the vehicle?
No. If cigarette smoke is detected in the unit at drop-off, a $500 defuming and sanitizing charge will be applied.
Are we permitted to tow anything?
Can I put a canoe or other objects on the roof of the vehicle?
How long will the drop-off process take?
Normal drop-off times are between 08:00 and 10:00. You do not need to book a time to drop-off your vehicle. Please ensure you are back at your drop-off location and all your possessions are removed from the vehicle no later than 10:00. If you have a late drop-off, this will be noted on your Rental Agreement and, in this instance, you may return your vehicle anytime before 15:00. As long as the vehicle is returned in a clean, undamaged condition with all equipment and/or convenience kits returned (and holding tanks emptied), the drop-off takes approximately ½ hour.
Do I need to empty the holding tanks at the end of my trip?
Yes, both the gray and black water tanks must be emptied at an appropriate dump station before the unit is returned. If the vehicle is returned without being emptied, a $75.00 charge applies.
How much fuel do I need to return with the RV rental?
You will receive the vehicle with at least ¼ tank of fuel, (full if Owasco), You must return it with the fuel at the same level as pickup or you will be charged a fuel fee. Propane tanks may be returned empty. We do not offer a refund if the vehicle is returned with more fuel than at pickup.