Nimmo Bay Resort is a remote, family run, luxury resort in the depths of the Great Bear Rainforest. It is a marvellous combination of the great outdoors, comfortable accommodation, exciting activities and excellent food. The activities include bear watching, hiking which can be heli-assisted, world class salmon, steelhead and trout fishing as well as marine life tours and gourmet picnics. Unless you are a very keen fisherman or hiker, Frontier Canada recommends the Wilderness and Wildlife Adventure which is a package created especially to suit you by Fraser Murray, the general manager of Nimmo who has grown up at the resort so can be said to know the area intimately, and includes everything that does not involve a helicopter which can be arranged but costs extra.
Open from May 1 to October 25, Nimmo Bay is accessible by helicopter or float plane from Port McNeill and will be included in the price of your holiday. The flight is 20 minutes, and is included in our packages. We can also arrange a float plane directly from Vancouver airport. You can also arrive by private plane or boat if you prefer.
Your days will be filled whilst you are at Nimmo: here are just a few of the options that will be included:
Open water and a hot coffee is a great way to start your day. This activity is also available as a guided day trip for you to explore the coastal islands while enjoying one of our famous gourmet picnics.
Paddle along the serene shores watching for bears, seals, and eagles.
Experience the bears around Nimmo Bay from a power boat, paddle board, kayak, and occasionally while hiking our trails.
The beautiful Big Nimmo Trail runs across the shoreline, in and out of the forest, and along the beach. Enjoy a morning hike or set aside an afternoon to discover the waterfalls and rivers just up the bank from the resort. Or, if you’re up for it, hike the glorious 5500’ Mt. Stevens behind the resort.
Climb the 60’ rock wall at the back of the bay in the safety of a rope harness and a professional instructor.
FLY FISHING LESSONS
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned fisherman, the catch and release fishing is an amazing experience.
Swim along the shallows, dive for starfish, and watch the local Dungeness and Rock Crab go about their business.
Take a dive off of a 50’ rope swing and discover a heart-pounding drop directly into the brisk ocean waters at the back of the bay.
Hold on tight and enjoy the rush as the 90 horsepower boat skims you across the surface of the bay.
Learn new skills or refine your existing abilities as you jump the wake or hold on for dear life.
Float to a local white shell beach with an amazing view down the inlet. While your guide sets up a gourmet lunch, you can take it all in with your family and friends.
EVENING SUNSET BOAT CRUISE
End a long day and reflect on the memories you’ve created. Sit back and relax with a glass of champagne as your guide takes you for an evening cruise to watch the sunset.
Nimmo Bay is a highly recommended family holiday destination. Nimmo Bay Resort was built on the dream of keeping the Murray family together which has worked as three generations are currently living at the resort. Due to the intimate setting, your family can book the whole resort (up to eighteen people); the family activities are designed to create a memorable holiday through shared activities and meals.
• Teach your children how to fish, connecting with each other in a truly tranquil setting.
• Experience an adrenaline rush while white water rafting with the family, or choose to casually float down a gentle river.
• Watch the humpback whales as they feed on herring. See bubble netting in action.
• Take the helicopters up to mountain ridges and go for a family hike amidst alpine meadows and BC wildflowers.
• Take the family for a kayaking day trip, introducing everyone to sea life in the tidal world.
• Reconnect around the fire on our floating fired dock. Sing songs, tell jokes, and gaze at the stars….you’ve never seen them shine so bright.
• Soak in the hot tub. See who has the nerve to jump in the waterfall plunge pool.
• Play board games after dinner until the wee hours of the night.
July 19th – October 20th
Whether you’re a seasoned angler or have never touched a rod, this adventure is for anyone who wants to fish. Nimmo Bay guides will take you to pristine and isolated streams filled with wild Pacific Salmon. You will fish for Coho, Chinook, Pinks and Steelhead, as well as Dolly Varden Char, Rainbow, and Cutthroat Trout. The helicopters give you access to 50,000 square miles of terrain, including over 50 isolated rivers and streams, allowing you to be where the fish are. Always. Your helicopter stays with you all day and our pilots/guides are expertly trained in these wilderness areas.
There are 9 spacious cabins: six intertidal and three streamside, all with breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
The intertidal cabins have red-peaked roofs and allow you to experience the rise and fall of the tide right beneath you. These four-room units have a comfortable living area, a washroom and two bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed.
In the green-peaked streamside cabins, you will fall asleep to the sounds of the nearby cascading waterfall. Perfect for a family, these units have a pleasant living area, a single bathroom and two bedrooms; one with a queen size bed and one with a pair of single beds.
Available in your cabin:
• House made cookies and truffles
• Mission Hill red and white wine
• Wine glasses
• Complimentary mini bar of juices, pops and beer (special requests are always granted) • Selection of specialty teas • Starbucks VIA instant coffee • Kettle • Tea and coffee mugs • Cosy cotton robes • Feather or non-allergenic pillows • Full sized sectional couch • Outdoor seating area • Egyptian cotton bedding • A Nimmo Bay stainless steel water bottle (for each guest to take home) • Crocs footwear • Bose IPOD dock and stereo • Umbrellas • Iron and ironing board • Daily housekeeping • Turndown service • Hair dryer • Organic bath and beauty products • Pillow top mattresses • Living room area