Set among 1,000 year old cedars in the wilderness of Quait Bay, Clayoquot Wilderness Resort has 25 roomy prospector-style canvas tents, each uniquely and richly appointed with luxurious comforts including down duvets, antique furnishings and propane-fuelled cast iron stoves.
There is a large dining tent, waterfront lounge plus hot showers and flushing lavatories, either in your ensuite or private bathroom on your deck. The price includes all meals and drinks, sea plane from Vancouver, and guided activities. Minimum stay is 3 nights. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is also part of the Relais & Chateaux family in Canada.
Open from mid May to the end of September, this seasonal resort is accessible by a scenic 45 minute private seaplane transfer from Vancouver or a boat transfer from Tofino, if combining with a fly-drive holiday to the west coast.
Your package includes the following:
- Luxury tented accommodation for 3, 4 or 7 nights
- Gourmet meals including snacks, feature wines, beer and alcohol: Full board starting with dinner on day 1 and ending with lunch on the last day of stay (day 4, 5 or 8)
- Horse drawn wagon shuttle, welcome reception and orientation upon arrival
- Guided resort activities: hiking, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, surfing, archery, whale and bear watching by Zodiac, Walk the Wild Side safari, stand up paddle boarding, rock climbing, yoga & meditation
- Salt Water Guided Fishing: 1/2 day for a 3 or 4-night stay; 1 full day for a 7-night stay. Minimum 2 guests per boat
- Spa Treatment: 60-minute relaxation massage per person for a 3 or 4-night stay; two 60-minute massages for a 7-night stay
- Use of saunas, hot-tubs, cold plunges and the fitness studio
- Evening turndown service and all in-room amenities
- Laundry service.
The activities are highly personalized and customized based on each guest’s experience level, willingness and desires. You may choose to be taken to a pristine and secluded beach to learn how to surf, have a First Nations guide escort them on a day long hike to the “Wild Side” interpretive trail and Flores Island, take on a mountain fed rushing river in a kayak, or experience a gentler ocean kayak cruise to private inlets and hidden coves.
Horsemanship and riding are signatures of the resort, with a range of talented horses for the beginner to the expert rider and wildlife viewing is also part of daily life, whether you go in search of black bears and whales or see the wildlife on the outskirts of camp, kept there by a team of well trained and well loved dogs.
All tents have thermostat controlled propane wood stoves, antique dressers and tea tables, opulent rugs, oil lamps, heirloom china and silver accessories.
Ensuite Tents (19) – Ensuite tents offer king bed comfort plus a double sofa bed, and private deck. An in-tent bathroom features heated floors, double sinks, flush toilet and a private outdoor cedar shower. Sleeps 4 max.
Deluxe Tents (5) – Deluxe tents offer king bed comfort plus a double sofa bed, and private deck. A separate bathroom, situated just steps outside the tent, has a flush toilet, sink and shower. Sleeps 4 max.
The tents, connected by cedar boardwalks, are located throughout the resort, offering different aspects:
• Sunrise waterfront ensuite tent (4) – Ocean views
• Outpost waterfront ensuite tent (12) – Bedwell River side
• Rainforest ensuite tent (2) – Rainforest views
• Romantic hillside ensuite tent (1) – Perched in the rainforest
on the hillside with peekaboo views of the estuary and a private
Ofuro soaking tub on the deck
• Waterfront deluxe tent (1) – Ocean views. Two twin beds that
can be converted to a king.
• Rainforest deluxe tent (2) – Rainforest views.
• Hillside deluxe tent (1)– Perched in the rainforest on the hillside
with views of the estuary.
• Romantic hillside deluxe tent (1) – Perched in the rainforest
on the hillside with peekaboo views of the estuary and a
private Ofuro soaking tub on the deck.
In addition, there is one large family tent, comprised of two adjoining tents, set into the hillside with rainforest and estuary views from the private deck. The first tent offers king bed comfort plus a double sofa bed and the other tent offers two twin beds (that can be converted to a king) and a double sofa bed. Each tent features an in-tent bathroom with heated floor, flush toilet, and double sinks. One bathroom has a private outdoor shower and the other has a bathtub and a private outdoor shower. Located a short walk from the main camp, set into the hillside up a flight of stairs. Sleeps 8 max.
You can enjoy your all-inclusive food and drinks in the main dining venue, the exquisite timber Cookhouse Dining room, with its open kitchen bar, floor-to-ceiling windows, a wrap-around deck and lounge area with a signature double-sided drystack fireplace, as well as the Ivanhoe Glass Lounge Bar, featuring eleven-foot-high, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking
the estuary, where the Bedwell River spills into the Pacific Ocean.
Should you want a private meal or special celebration, these can be arranged in the bistro and family dining tents just outside the Cookhouse.
Why we like it
Unique all-inclusive glamping luxury in the wilderness with lots to do and see. Excellent chance of seeing bears.