On every one's wish list to see at least once in a life time.
Niagara Falls is far more than a natural phenomenon. A world-class destination with something for everyone, the city offers thriving night life, one-of-a-kind sightseeing, and adventure for all ages. The Niagara Falls honeymoon and family activities like the Hornblower cruise tour and Marineland are long-time traditions, while new Niagara attractions abound.
Experiences not to be missed would include the Helicopter ride over the falls,the Walk behind the Falls and the Jet Boat tours and, of course, the Hornblower Cruises, the boat operator for Niagara Falls, offering tours from sunrise to sunset.
Find a hotel or holiday
Top 2 Niagara Falls Tailor Made Holidays
Taste of Niagara Falls | Explore Ontario's Wine Producing Region - and the Wines!Set out from Toronto and cross the wine producing region of Niagara Peninsula en route to Niagara Falls. Take a walk behind the falls for an amazing close-up view. Explore the area, including the...
Why should I visit Niagara Falls?
Some essential facts!
* Just 15 minutes north of the Falls rests an impressive array of Niagara vineyards. Niagara-on-the-Lake wineries currently number 17, many of which produce award-winning vino, including the region's famous ice wines. At a similar latitude to the Bordeaux region of France and Napa Valley, the Niagara climate is ideal.
* The first person to attempt to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel was a 63-year-old woman. Seeking fame and fortune, schoolteacher Annie Taylor loaded herself - and her cat - up in a barrel and descended over the falls in 1901. She survived.
* Niagara Falls received its reputation as the "Honeymoon Capital of the World" when Aaron Burr's daughter-Theodosia-chose a Niagara Falls honeymoon in 1801. She was followed up by Jerome Bonaparte-Napoleon's brother-in 1804 and, thus, a tradition was born. Now over 50,000 Niagara honeymoons are arranged each year.
* In 1848, Niagara Falls actually stopped flowing for 30 hours when ice fields from Lake Erie jammed at the source of the river.
* Marilyn Monroe visited the falls to film portions of the thriller Niagara Falls, released in 1953. Other notable visitors have included King George the V in 1939 and Princess Diana with her sons in 1991.
* The Niagara Fallsview Casino , overlooking its namesake, occupies the record for the largest commercial development in Canada at 2.5 million square feet
Niagara Falls video guide
Holiday Itineraries for Niagara Falls
Reviews & Feedback
Breathtaking. I have a big birthday in two years and am already making plans to go back - with a falls view room of course. A big thank you to all at Frontier Canada for the excellent service and help with the holiday - they are so helpful and a wealth of experience.
We require your email address in order to verify the review is authentic and to advise you when we have posted your comments to our site. We will only use your email address for processing this review and we never give details to a 3rd party